About our Academy
Bristol Metropolitan Academy is a place where:
High Standards, High Aspirations, High Expectations
- every child matters
- high levels of attendance, punctuality and behaviour are the norm
- there are core values and clear and easy rules for everyone to follow
- we all work hard and are relentless in our pursuit of excellence
- there are no excuses for underperformance; we have high expectations of everything we do
- we achieve results at least in line with the best schools and Academies in the country
- there is a healthy spirit of competition
- important people visit to see our work and learn from us
- learning is at the centre of everything we undertake
- learning is focussed on developing the knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes we need now and in the future
- there is recognition that everyone wants to learn – it is a basic human need.
- learning is personalised for the individual
- learning is fun, exciting and interactive
- we can learn new skills and follow courses that offer a personal challenge
- there is a flexible timetable which allows scope for student choice, practical learning and intensive and larger activities.
- learning opportunities are also available off-site
- it is calm, safe and friendly
- we are noticed, respected, cared for and heard
- people are happy, have fun and want to be here; there are bursts of laughter
- there are equal opportunities for all
- we are inclusive and feel valued
A pride in Community
- there is open, honest and frequent communication
- different cultures co-exist; we respect and understand ourselves, each other and our environment
- we have a positive attitude and are all good ambassadors for the Academy
- we contribute to the success of the whole Academy and have the courage to be different
- everyone can take pride in the Academy, the achievements of those who learn and work there and its high-quality environment
- we host community events and have a good relationship and positive image within the community
- we can get a decent lunch and there is opportunity to sample and celebrate the food from other cultures
Ours is a vibrant and dynamic community and the pride we have in our identity and the new opportunities available are shaping the high aspirations we have for the future.
In preparing for the opening of the Academy, a number of crucial appointments have been made, considerably increasing capacity. Teaching groups at Bristol Met are small and the organisation of students into Learning Families has meant that the ratio of staff to students is no more than 1:10.
Of course seeing is believing: please take the opportunity to come in and visit the Academy on one of the dates below, see the work being done and talk to staff about the exciting new possibilities we have at Bristol Met. To ask any questions, speak to the Principal, Steve Taylor, or book a morning tour please contact us on email@example.com or 0117 377 2071.
after the fact. I decided it was time for me to do the same. It authentic rob housler youth jersey should never be too dan hampton youth jersey late. Nearly 14 years ago, I went to visit my friend I’ll call him "X" at his college campus. I saw X as a goofy but caring, older brother type; we’d overlapped in high school and had a platonic and confiding sort of friendship. I never found him attractive. When X went to college, he joined a fraternity and promised to take authentic marshal yanda mens jersey me to a real college party. My parents, who were fairly strict and usually would not have let me spend a weekend visiting a boy on a college campus, let me go because X was a friend. I packed my coolest top a bright pink, authentic aqib talib womens jersey sleeveless turtleneck sweater authentic desmond bryant womens jersey a pair of Guess jeans and a new necklace that I loved. The party was hosted by X’s fraternity. I remember walking into a relatively empty house and settling in nervously on a couch. Most of the people in the room were guys, and I was eager to seem cool. X asked if I wanted mens thomas davis jersey a drink; I said sure. He brought me authentic courtney upshaw youth jersey a big plastic cup full of red punch. The rest
Iconic Ming’s restaurant closes PALO ALTO To its last day, Ming’s satisfied diners’ eyes and palates authentic dave robinson mens jersey and also tugged authentic boomer esiason mens jersey at their hearts. After 58 years, the iconic Chinese restaurant closed its doors for the last time Sunday, as hundreds of customers dined and reminisced about banquets, reunions, business lunches and especially family dinners. Owner Vicky Ching, 69, plans to raze the award winning building and redevelop it as an extended stay hotel. A scaled down and reinvented Ming’s will return in about two years. "I’ve been coming here from the beginning of time," said Karen Fry, of Palo Alto, who was enjoying lunch with friends. "We learned how to use chopsticks here." David Stoll selects desserts for his table at Ming’s Chinese Cuisine and Bar on its final day Sunday afternoon, Dec. 28, 2014, in Palo Alto, Calif. The location will be redeveloped into a new hotel that authentic lesean mccoy mens jersey will include plans for a smaller version of the restaurant. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)Karl MondonLike other diners,