Link to the Department for Education – BMA Performance Table
15 June 2012
Dear Parent / Carer
As you are aware the Academy was visited by Ofsted, the schools’ inspectorate, on Wednesday 23 May and Thursday 24 May 2012. We have now received the full report with the outcomes – to read a copy of the full report please click here. This report will be published on the Ofsted website from Monday 18 June 2012.
I am delighted to be able to tell you that the Academy has received an inspection judgement of “GOOD” in all of the five areas against which Ofsted judge schools. These areas are: Overall effectiveness, Achievement of pupils, Quality of teaching, Behaviour and safety of pupils, Leadership and management.
As I am sure you will agree the report reads extremely well and is an excellent representation of the high standard of learning and student experience encountered at the Academy. Some highlights include:
- This is a good academy.
- Support for students who speak English as an additional language is outstanding.
- “The Principal and his staff have transformed the school and have given the community a school to be proud of.” (Parent)
- The academy has high expectations of its students.
- Teaching is good overall, and some is outstanding.
- The large majority of parents and carers are pleased with the progress made by their children.
- Teachers have good subject knowledge and high expectations for students’ achievement.
- Good relationships and behaviour in classrooms add to an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Teachers and the curriculum provide good opportunities for students to celebrate their individuality as well as fostering a strong appreciation of cultural diversity.
- In this extremely diverse community, students and staff treat each other with respect.
- Differences are accepted as a matter of course and mixed-age tutor groups support harmonious social relationships.
- Students say that they feel safe and well cared for and their parents and carers strongly agree.
- Effective steps are taken to ensure that students understand their role in tackling prejudice and bullying of all kinds and they speak knowledgeably about contemporary issues with respect to homophobic and cyber-bulling. Students are confident that when problems do occur they are resolved quickly if reported to staff.
- The dynamic leadership of the Principal has been pivotal in transforming provision and outcomes in the time leading to the academy’s first inspection.
- The academy is forward looking. Links with other agencies and with other schools within the federation add value to the academy’s practices as they evolve.
- Equality of opportunity sits at the heart of the academy’s work and manifests itself in the good achievement of students in the main school, and a sixth form that is now well placed to maintain its upward trajectory.
- The curriculum at both Key Stages 3 and 4 has been carefully refined to meet students’ needs, raise achievement and support progression.
- Feedback from parents and carers is very positive.
I would like to once again say how proud I am of all the students of Bristol Metropolitan Academy, whose behaviour and engagement in their learning has been a real feature of this year, I would also like to thank you for your continued support of the Academy. Finally I would like to thank all the staff whose continued hard work has been acknowledged and celebrated by the inspectorate.
womens rolando mcclain jersey Kevin Sanderson’s brush with death Kevin Sanderson has no memory of his day spent trail biking, all he knows is he managed to cheat death twice. The Auckland builder stopped breathing after hitting a log and plunging head first into a womens ishmaaily kitchen jersey creek bed in March. He almost died a second ronnie hillman mens jersey time when his oxygen levels plummeted thanks to broken ribs and a collapsed lung. "I hit a log, went airborne, and hit the other side of the creek. It sounds like the bike’s hit me from behind as well because I ended up with seven busted ribs, a broken collarbone, and a popped lung." Swift action by his riding mate and St John Ambulance paramedics got him breathing and stabilised, before a Westpac Rescue Helicopter crew performed a life saving operation on the scene a farm paddock at Kaipara Flats, north of Auckland. "It was all hands on deck, from the other riders that helped out, the ambulance crew for starting off my care, and definitely the helicopter guys. If I hadn’t had that flight back I don’t think authentic charles clay mens jersey I’d be sitting
Link between iron overload and macular degeneration under study AUGUSTA, Ga. The most common and under diagnosed genetic disease in humans just may be a cause of the worst form of macular degeneration, Medical College of Georgia researchers report. They are pursuing a link between hemochromatosis, which results in iron youth cody latimer jersey overload, and the wet form of macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness in people 60 and older. They authentic marshal yanda womens jersey suspect that too much iron, known womens deion sanders jersey to wreak cumulative havoc on the body’s organs, hastens normal aging of the eyes. If they are correct, avoiding the most severe consequences of a disease that robs the central vision could be as sam mills youth authentic jersey simple as donating blood a couple times annually to reduce iron levels, said Dr. Vadivel Ganapathy, chairman of the MCG authentic matt cassel mens jersey School of Medicine Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. A $1.5 million grant from the National Eye Institute womens leodis mckelvin jersey is enabling the MCG scientists to define the impact of hemochromatosis on the eye’s form and function. Support from MCG’s
and Buffalo will be able Elite Gold Bobby Orr Jersey to watch games that local fans can’t see. (The last time the NFL blacked out a playoff game was 2002.) [Check out 2013: Kid Chris Kelly Jersey The Year in Cartoons] Of course, even the possibility that Authenitc Black Chris Kelly Jersey playoff games wouldn’t be available on local television created a hue and cry over the future of football, and whether a tipping point has been reached at which it is simply more enjoyable Elite Gold Reilly Smith Jersey to watch a game at home, on television, rather than in person. (And honestly, who can blame Green Bay fans who would rather sit on the couch than out in the expected at kickoff?) But the episode, to me, simply highlights the absurdity that is the blackout rule. The NFL’s supposed goal in enforcing the rule is drawing more fans to the stadium, but there’s little evidence that blackouts entice fans to pony up for more tickets. More often, they just ensure a backlash against the franchise, which then goes out of its way to prevent future blackouts. Compounding the problem, Federal Communications Commission
Google had talked with the NFL about a deal to gain Elite Black Marc Savard Jersey the rights to the games. Direct TV currently pays the NFL $1 billion each year to broadcast NFL games. With cash rich companies like Google now considering making offers for the Men Bobby Orr Jersey NFL games, it is very likely that the cost for a new contract will increase in the future. Even though Google is an internet company, it could use YouTube as a way to broadcast games. Elite Gold Bobby Orr Jersey Fans would be able to use Google’s new Chromecast device to stream the NFL games from their Kid Patrice Bergeron Jersey computer, tablet or smart phone, right to their TV, wirelessly. The NFL would benefit too because right now, only DirectTV Youth Jeremy Lauzon Jersey subscribers are able to access the games, instead of a virtually unlimited online audience. DirectTV’s $1 billion a year deal with the NFL might be ending soon, but that might not necessary be bad news. DirectTV could add to its $2 billion in cash and use the money to find a solution to the ever growing threat from online competition. A bigger bid for Hulu or a similar